I am redeemed! A few months ago I decided to make welcome back to the country cookies for my sister. I was visiting family in Chilliwack, my mom went to pick up said sister from the airport, and I made the worst chocolate chip cookies ever. I even used my never-fail, best-ever recipe. Except I didn’t have a scale, and I always bake with a scale. That failure has haunted my reputation as family baker (not really, but lets go with it). These chocolate chip cookies are not my classic, best ever, but they are insane. They’re freakin’ huge and super soft and delicious. I was wowed, enough to post them here. You are welcome.
Mega Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 1/2 cup Cold Butter, cut into small cubes
- 1/2 cup Brown Sugar
- 1/4 cup Sugar
- 1 Eggs
- 3/4 cups Cake Flour (can use regular)
- 3/4 cups Flour
- 1/2 teaspoon Cornstarch
- 1/4+1/8 teaspoon Baking Soda
- 1/4+1/8 teaspoon Salt
- 1 cup Chocolate Chips
- Preheat the oven to 410 F. Weird, but trust me.
- In a large bowl mix together butter and both sugars. Can I get a high five for using cold butter? I love it. Mix on medium speed until fully creamy, 4 minutes.
- Add in egg and mix it in really well.
- Stir in flours, cornstarch,baking soda and salt. Be gentle and avoid over mixing.
- Stir in chocolate chips.
- Separate into 6 large balls and place on cookie sheet.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes, or until the tops are lightly golden.
- Let them rest at least 10 minutes before diving in.